EXEMPT POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Regional Manager-Region Two
DEPARTMENT: Regional Managers/Commodities
START DATE: Approximately September 1, 2021
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Regional Managers are within the Organization Department
of Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation. This department is overseen by the Chief Organization
POSITION REPORTS TO: Chief Organization Officer on program-related activities & MFBF
President on region-specific issues.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Regional Manager Assistant in concert with Regional Manager
Coordinator and seven other Regional Managers.
POSITION PURPOSE: Within assigned counties, promotes and assists with all Farm Bureau
programs and services while serving as a liaison between the state organization and the assigned
county Farm Bureaus. Responsible for communicating with other staff and MFBF leaders on
matters relating to them or of common interest.
Assigned counties currently include: Alcorn, Benton, Calhoun, Itawamba, Marshall, Lafayette
Lee, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Tippah, Tishomingo, Union, Yalobusha & others designated by the
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Plans and administers Farm Bureau programs and activities within assigned region.
- Communicates on a regular basis with county presidents and other county leaders,
providing information and assistance as needed to carry out state and county activities.
- Assists county presidents and secretaries in planning agendas and programs for board
meetings and annual county meetings.
- Participates in county board meetings, annual meetings, and other meetings as deemed
vital or as assigned.
- Encourages and assists in surfacing and developing new leaders and in developing and
implementing new ideas and programs.
- Maintains periodic contact with state board members and vice presidents living within the
- Maintains communication with Mississippi Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company
District Sales Manager and District Claims Manager on all matters of mutual concern.
- Assists in planning and coordinating all region level and multi-county meetings.
- Works with and coordinates activities with other agricultural-related organizations and agencies.
- Works and communicates with other staff within their respective areas of responsibility.
- Files required reports on a timely and efficient basis.
- Maintains all Federation equipment in an efficient manner.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: B.S. degree in an agricultural-related field or a B.S.
degree in another field with a minimum of 5 years working in a heavy agricultural-related
sales or agricultural-related technical profession is preferred. A strong working knowledge of
production aspects of both livestock and major row crop related issues.
WORK EXPERIENCE: An agricultural-related degree and a substantial amount of work
experience in agricultural-related sales or technical position is highly preferred.
- Must live in assigned region.
- Must have a valid Mississippi driver’s license and a good driving record (record will be
- Must have a clean criminal and credit history (record will be checked).
- Must be a self-motivator and self-starter.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to speak in front of small and large audiences.
- Positive and professional attitude and manner required.
- Must have a professional and neat appearance, dressing appropriately for the occasion.
- Must work as a team member.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement activities.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours as needed to carry out responsibilities, including overnight trips away from the region and state.
- Must be able to give and receive constructive comments.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates who wish to apply will need to submit the following documents by Friday, August 13, 2021 to be considered:
- Cover letter
- MFBF job application
- Copy of college transcript
Applications should be mailed to:
Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation
Attn: Kent Bloodworth
P.O. Box 1972
Jackson, MS 39215-1972